DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR MARATHWADA UNIVERSITY
CIRCULAR NO. EXAMICO-ORD/REDR./2008/ DATE: 4/4/2008
In suppression of earlier Circular No. Acad/Re-mod/l565/05/2 1 725-22074
dated 9112-8-2005 through which rules of re-moderation for Under - graduate /
Post - graduate courses were circulated, it is hereby notified for information all
concerned that the Management Council at its meeting held on 26th February ,
2008 has accepted and decided to start the Redressal / Revaluation system
from the University Examinations to be held in MarchIApril, 2008.
The rules and procedure made for (A) Supply of photo copies of answer
books to examinee(s) (B) Recounting of marks and (C) Grievance Redressal
Mechanism related to valuation of answer book(s) are enclosed herewith. All
concerned are requested to go through them and act accordingly.
Aurangabad-43 1 004
Re f.No. Exam/Redres/2008/
Copy forwarded with compliments for information and necessary action to:-
1) All the Heads of the Departments, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada
2) The Director, University Sub Centre at Osmanabad, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
Marathwada University, Osmanabad
3) The Principals of all affiliated Colleges, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
Marathwada University, Aurangabad
Copy to :
1) The Director, Board of College and University Development
2) The Finance & Accounts Officer,
3) The Deputy Registrar ( Post-graduate Section)
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathawada University,
Rules & Procedure for :
[A] Supply of photo copies of answer books to the examineels
[B] Recounting of marks
[C]G rievance Redressal Mechanism related to valuation of answer bookls
Part - A
[A] Supply of photo copies of answer books to the examineels
I. The facility of obtaining photo copylies of assessed and/or moderated theory
subjectls answer book/s of the current examination by the examineels is
extended with a view to bring transparency in the Examination System and
ensure its Credibility.
2. The photo copylies of answer books of practical examination, sessional marks,
viva-voce, dissertation, thesis, project, OMR sheets etc. shall not be supplied
to the examineels.
3. The prescribed application form for demand of photo copylies of answer
booWs can be obtained either by the student or by the College from
Publication Unit of the University on payment of Rs lo/-. 'The student may
also download the form from the university website at WWW.bamu.net
However helshe would pay the form fees along with the fees Tor photo copy.
The examinee may apply for at most three theory papers / answer books.
4. The Photo copy/ies shall be supplied on the payment of non-refundable fee of
Rs. 1001- per answer book 1 theory paper.
5. The Prescribed application form shall have to be filled in and signed by the
applicant examineels and shall be submitted to the Principal of the college
alongwith the requisite fees within 10 clear days from the date of declaration
of the results of relevant examination. Incomplete or incorrect application
form shall be rejected without assigning any reasons and fees paid alongwith
application form shall not be refunded.
6. The Principal of the College should forward all the relevant information of the
applicants through email / CD collectively to the Controller of Examinations,
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad within 13
clear days from the declaration of the results of relevant examinations. The
Principal should also forward all the applications along with demand draft.
7. In Clause 5 & 6, if last day happens to be a holiday to the College / University,
the next working day will be treated as last day.
8. Out of the fees collected for supply of Photo copylies, a sum of Rs. 51- (Rs.
Five only) per theory paper should be deducted by the College concerned
towards administrative charges including D. D. commission and remaining
amount should be sent by Demand Draft in favor of Registrar, Dr. Babasaheb
~mbedkarM arathwada University, Aurangabad. or by Cash to the University,
alongwith the application forms and statements of fees collected/remitted.
9. The photo copy of the answer book shall be made available to the students
duly concealing the identity of Examiner and Moderator. The concerned
designated officer shall certify the pages of the answer book by placing the
seal. In no case, the identity of the Examinerls, Moderatorls shall be
10. The photo copies of the answer books shall be sent to the Principalls of
respective Colleges for further issuance to the concerned applicant on
procurement of written acknowledgement from himher.
1 1. The university shall supply the photo copylies within 1011 2 days from the date
of receipt of the application 1 information through the Principal of the College.
12. The Supply of photo copylies of answer book is an additional facility made
available to the candidates. Therefore, any delay in sending photo copy of
answer book(s) due to any reasons beyond control of the University shall not
confer any right upon the candidates and the same can not be published any
13. If any examineels is found to have indulged in any malpracticels as per
Ordinance of Examination and or has been punished on account of
malpractices in the examinationls helshe will not be eligible and entitled to
apply for photo copylies of answer books for any of the papers of that
14. The applicant examineels shall be sole custodian of the photo copylies so
supplied and shall not be entitled to transfer the same to anybody for any
purpose whatsoever. The examinee(s) shall further refrain himselfherself
from putting such photo copylies to any misuse that might jeopardise the
reputation of the University.
15. If the examineels are found guilty of any misuse of the photo copylies helshe
shall attract the provisions of Section 32(6) (a) of Maharashtra Universities
Act, 1994 and shall be liable for the award of punishment ranging from
cancellation of performance at examinations, debarring himker from
appearing at any further examinationls to confiscation of hisher degree(s)
Rules & procedure for :
[El] Recounting of marks
Part - B
1. The recounting & scrutiny shall be done on the payment of non-refundable fee
Rs. 501- as verification/scrutiny fee per theory paper. The college should
forward the relevant information of the applicants through email 1 CD within
13 clear days from the date of declaration of the result.
2. Teacher / Scrutinizer nominated by Honorable Vice-Chancellor would check:-
a) Whether the total marks in the given paper awarded to the examinee on the
statement of marks matches with the marks awarded to the examinee on the
cover page of the answer bookls
b) Whether the question-wise marks awarded to all the questions inside the
answer book are correctly carried over to the cover page.
c) Whether the total of the question-wise marks on the cover page is correct.
d) Whether all the answers or part thereof in the answer books have been
assessed by the Examiner.
3. If any discrepancy on any of the count under Clause 2 mentioned here in
above is/are noted the same shall be corrected by the IJniversity with the
authentication by the Controller of Examinations on approval of the
4. If any question or part thereof in the answer book is observed to be unvalued/
unassessed the same shall be got valued from the same Examiner and
additional marks awarded, if any, shall then be carried, noted and added on the
cover page and accordingly the total of the marks shall be corrected with the
authentication by the Controller of Examinations on approval of the Vice-
5. The change, if any, on above counts shall be informed to the examinee by
necessary notifications and corrected statement of marks shall also be issued
to the examinee on hisher surrendering the original statement of marks to the
University thorough the College concerned, without charging any fees.
Rules and procedure for :
[C]G rievance Redressal Mechanism Related to revaluation of answer booWs
after receipt of Photocopy of the answer Books.
Part - C
Rules and Procedures for Grievance Redressal regarding valuation
If any examinee is having grievance regarding the marks awarded to
himher upon receipt of the photo copies of the answer books applied for,
helshe may apply for grievance redressal to the University through the
Principal of hisher College in the prescribed form or on plain paper within
5 clear days from the date of issuance of photo copy of answer book by the
University. The examinee shall be eligible to apply for the grievance
redressal of maximum two answer books I theory papers of immediately
2. The application for grievance redressal regarding valuation shall be
accompanied by a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1001- per theory paper. Such
applications along with the fees shall be submitted to the respective
3. The Principal of the College shall forward all such application(s) to the
University Examination wise in separate covers, with fees so collected
through Demand Draft in favour Of Registrar, Dr.Rabasaheb Ambedkar
Marathwada University, Aurangabad or by cash, within 8 clear days
from the date of issuance of photo copy of answer book(s) by the
University. Rs. 101- (Rs. Ten only) per student shall be retained by the
College towards administrative charges Including charges for Demand
4. After receipt of the applications, the answer book(s) shall be masked so as
to conceal the identity of the candidates' Seat Number, Centre Number.
5. The case for grievance Redressal related to valuation after concealing the
identity of the student shall be placed before the committee consisting of
the persons nominated by Vice-Chancellor preferably from the following
a) Chairman (Board of Paper Setters) or paper Setter.
b) One subject expert having at least 7 years teaching experience.
Provided also, that teacher mentioned at Rule- (5)(h) above is not
available then the Vice-Chancellor shall be competent to nominate a
retired teacher or any other expert in the Subject.
6. Each member of the above committee shall have to give an undertaking in
writing in the prescribed form to the effect that none of his near relative is
candidate for the concerned examination or has applied for grievance
redressal related to valuation in the concerned examination.
7 . The Committee shall evaluate whether prima facie there is grievance
warranting reassessment of the answer book and if so shall make
8. All such recommended cases shall be revalued on the instructions of the
9. The Cases not recommended by the committee or the case where
Controller of Examinations does not agree with the recommendations of
the committee may be placed before the Honorable Vice-Chancellor for
10. 32(5)(a) Committee may prepare a list of teacherslexperts in each subject
having not less than 7 years teaching experience and the same may be
updated as and when necessary for ready reference of Vice-Chancellor.
Vice-Chancellor may not necessarily refer to the list for the appointment
of Examiner or expert in the subject for revaluation.
1 1. If the marks awarded by the subsequent Examiner in reassessment vary by
10% or more of the original marks, secured by the examinee, plus or
minus, the marks awarded by the subsequent Examiner (In reassessment)
shall be awarded to the concerned examinee. Otherwise the examinee will
be communicated as "No Change in Marks'.
Provided that fraction, if any, in calculation shall be ignored.
12. The change in marks as above, if any, shall be communicated to the
examinee through a suitable notification and the same shall be final and
binding on the examinee, even if the revised marks are less than the
13. The revised statement of marks in such cases shall be given to the
examinee only on surrendering of hisher original statement of marks to
the same College , Where from helshe has earlier submitted the prescribed
application form, through the concerned Principal, who shall obtain
acknowledgement while issuing the revised statement of marks and obtain
the original statement of marks from the candidate which will be sent by
the Principal to the University.
14. This Grievance Redressal Mechanism shall be seemed to be an additional
facility provided to the student examinee with a view to improve their
result of the preceding University examination and any delay in the
declaration of result under this additional facility due to any reason what
so ever shall not confer any right for any admission to higher class, merit,
medals, scholarships, etc.